Title of the Project
“REMOTE INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT: A CASE STUDY OF INFOTECH INDIA LTD.”
Remote Infrastructure Management Services:
Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) has achieved tremendous popularity amongst the businesses as it offers valuable benefits such as cost advantage, helping internal IT teams to concentrate on strategic goals and off load the day to day IT operations management and increased focus on innovation. Remote Infrastructure Monitoring and Management Services from the integrated Global Command Center and Global Service Management Center to clients across the globe. Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) is defined by analysts as the remote support and management of various IT services that are related to infrastructure support from global delivery sites. The service offering encompasses remote monitoring and management, which includes support, administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance enhancement. These services include the remote system monitoring of the following: data center, networks (WAN and/or LAN including switches, routers, and hubs), database administration, desktops, servers and related peripherals and e-mail systems.
For an organization’s information technology, infrastructure management (IM) is the management of essential operation components, such as policies, processes, equipment, data, human resources, and external contacts, for overall effectiveness. Infrastructure management is sometimes divided into categories of management, network, and storage management.
Among other purposes, infrastructure management seeks to:
- Reduce duplication of effort
- Ensure adherence to standards
- Enhance the flow of information throughout an information system
- Promote adaptability necessary for a changeable environment
- Ensureinteroperability among organizational and external entities
- Maintain effective
- change managementpolicies and practices
Although all business activities depend upon the infrastructure, planning and projects to ensure its effective management are typically undervalued to the detriment of the organization.
Remote Infrastructure Management Services:
- Better service-to-end user experience through our user-centric approach.
- Real-Time Operations management.
- Proactive performance management.
- Reduced operations cost.
- Prompt resolutions to operational issues.
- Speedy identification of potential issues through tooling.
ITC Infotech, a global IT services company, is a fully-owned subsidiary of ITC Limited, the US$ 7 billion diversified conglomerate. ITC Limited is rated among the ‘World’s Most Reputable Companies’ by Forbes magazine and among ‘India’s Most Valuable Companies’ by Business Today. ITC Infotech has established itself as a key player in the offshoring arena with the rare advantage of having both domain expertise and astute business proficiency. We engineer business solutions that address our customers pain areas and couple this skill with a robust offshore delivery infrastructure and quality process maturity. Converged focus of the top management and flexibility in relationship is part of every strategic partnership we embark on. Best of breed talent, paired with global and multicultural flavor, makes us a cognizant and versatile organization. Headquartered in Bangalore, India, with wholly-owned subsidiaries in UK and USA, ITC Infotech services Fortune-listed customers across North America and Europe. We have established a service delivery footprint across more than 140 countries worldwide. We provide comprehensive solutions through dedicated development centers, offices, and delivery centers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, in addition to two delivery hubs in Bangalore and Kolkata.
Rationale behind the Study
Global Market requires dynamic collaboration with real time capabilities evolving business models demand performance optimization, agility and scalability. The IT value to an organization has become more complicated. The global marketplace requires flexibility, operational efficiency, performance and sustainable ways to reduce costs. IT solutions, infrastructure and the delivery management require customization and service oriented innovative thinking. Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) & Support services provide organizations with scalable solutions and the flexibility to adapt to their business focus. It offers expanded teams, services and systems through our 24×7 Global Delivery Center. Infrastructure will run more smoothly given that advanced policies with respect to monitoring and management will be in place. The “noise” will be filtered out of these activities, meaning that non-critical issues will be prioritized lower than those that are potentially business impacting. As a result, resolution to problems will be more rapid, and potential down-time will be minimized. Remote infrastructure management and support service provide a comprehensive set of best practices for IT service management, which helps to achieve business effectiveness and efficiency in the use of Information Technology.
- To identify the benefits of Remote Infrastructure Management support.
- To study about the great RIM model for Infotech India Ltd.
- To study the IT Infrastructure Remote Infrastructure Management Services.
- To find Top vendors and their offerings services.
Once the problem is identified, the next step is the research design. Research design is the basic framework of rest of the study. A research design specifies the methods and procedures for conducting particular study.
In this project we are following descriptive research design.
Source of Data:
There are two types of data:
- Primary data
- Secondary data
The primary data is fresh information collected for a specified study. The primary data can be gathered by observational, experimentation and survey method. Here the entire scheme of plan starts with the definition of various terms used, units to be employed, type of enquiry to be conducted, extent of accuracy aimed etc.,
The methods commonly used for the collection of primary data are:
- Direct personal investigation, where the data is collected by the investigator from the sources concerned.
- Indirect oral interviews, where the interview is conducted directly or indirectly concerned with subject matter of the enquiry.
- Information received through local agencies, which are appointed by the investigator.
- Mailed questionnaire method, here the method consists in preparing a questionnaire (a list of questions relating to the field of enquiry and providing space for the answers to be filled by the respondents.), which is mailed to the respondents with a request for quick response within the specified time.
In this project mailed questionnaire method is used to collect the primary data.
The secondary data refers to data, which already exists.
The secondary data collect from internal records, business magazines, company websites and Newspapers.
For the collection of primary data a structured questionnaire will be prepared covering various aspects of the study.
The questionnaire will contain closed-ended and dichotomous questions.
It is a procedure required from defining a population to the actual selection of the sample.
The precision and accuracy of the survey results are affected by the manner in which the sample has been chosen.
A part of a population, which is provided by some process on other, usually by deliberated selection with the object of investigating the properties of the parent population set. Non probability sampling method is in deterministic method where the sample size in numerous and can’t be determined. So for our convenience we take convenience-sampling method where all the population in sample is given equal opportunity.
Sampling Method: – Convenience sampling method.
Statistical Tools Used:
Weighted Arithmetic Mean.
Weighted Arithmetic Mean is based on the assumption that all the items in the distribution are of equal importance. Here the weights are attached to each item being proportional to the importance of the item in the distribution.
- Population: employees of Infotech India Ltd.
- Source of data: The two important sources of data are the primary data and secondary data. The primary data is collected through survey method with the help of questionnaire and personal interview..
- The information is collected through survey will be done in Infotech India Ltd..
- Sample size: The sample size is 100 respondents.
- Sample method: the sample method used is non-probability.
In non-probability sampling the chance of any particulars unit in the population being selected unknown.
- Procedure: the procedure used for sampling is convenient sampling in this method the sample unit is chosen primarily on the basics of the convenience to the investigator.
- The survey consists of structured questionnaire.
- The questionnaire consists of both open and closed-ended questions.